Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Surgery Date is Set

My efficient nature really appreciates all of the medical people acting swiftly when it comes to getting this show on the road.  Here are the details from today.

Today the surgical scheduler called and said she had set everything up for Monday the 12th.

  • 7am   Report to the hospital
  • 9am   Insert the metal tracer wire into the tumor (did anyone else hear that in Schwarzenegger's voice)
  • 11am Venture to nuclear medicine for the dye to be injected for the lymph testing
  • 1pm   Surgery
We've worked out all the logistics on who will have J and when.  He was very excited to find out that he'll be staying with his buddy J overnight on a school night.  Not to mention that J just got the cutest puppy. Patrick, at his house.  

I'm  feeling a bit nervous about the events planned for Monday, they just seem long and arduous at this moment.  I know they will pass, and the results are very much what we are after here. I can do hard things, even if I don't like to do them.  

Last week I received a list of all the names of God from Evelyn.  I guess I needed to pay closer attention to what she sent me, because I heard a great sermon on the radio yesterday and today here talking about all of the different names of God.  

I knew some of them: Jehovah Shalom (God of peace) and Jehovah Jireh (God who provides), but what David Jeremiah did in the last 10 minutes of the broadcast was wonderful.  He took Psalm 23 and pointed out all the names of God called out specifically in that one Psalm.  Here is my attempt to recreate it for you.  

Clayton can correct me if I get any of them wrong, and I'll update the post.  


The Lord is my shepherd (Jehovah Raah--my shepherd); I shall not want (Jehovah Jireh--who provides).

2     He makes me lie down in green pastures.  He leads me beside still waters

3     He restores (Jehovah Rapha--who heals) my soul.
       He leads me in paths of righteousness (Jehovah Tsidkenu--our righteousness) for his name's sake.

4     Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
       I will fear no evil, for you are with me; 
       your rod and your staff, they comfort me (Jehovah Shalom--who is peace).

5    You prepare a table before (Jehovah Nissi--who is our banner) me in the presence of my enemies; 
       you anoint (Jehovah M'kadesh--who sets apart) my head with oil; my cup overflows.

6    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
      and I shall dwell (Jehovah Shammah) in the house of the Lord forever.


Only two from Evelyn's list were not included [Jehovah El Gomolah (recompense) & El Shaddai (all sufficient One)] and that may have been because I was taking notes while inching along on 183.  

Prayer Requests: 
  • That God would continue to be glorified each day
  • That I would be cancer free 
  • That the anticipation of Monday would not be a burden (anticipation is the worst for me)
  • That Dr. A would be successful in all he does; especially with me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment