Monday, June 30, 2014

So Far So Good

Larry and I went to chemo today (despite our marital vows where the two shall become one, I was the only one to actually receive the drugs) and things went well.

They did as they promised in the training, first pushed in the anti-nausea medicine and Benadryl.  Then they let that percolate for a little while as I sat in the heated recliner with a cotton blanket; nice.  The nurse did tell me that I shouldn't wear shorts next time because it is always cold in there; sweat pants are more the expected attire.  Not sure I would survive the drive home in sweat pants and with the blanket I was just fine.

Next, they started the first chemo drug and pushed it in really slowly.  It was well tolerated--meaning I didn't have any wild eyed looks going on, the nurse did tell Larry that he should be checking on me regularly to see if I looked any different because if there is a reaction going on, it usually starts with wild eyes.  They continued to increase the speed that it was going in over the course of an hour or so until I was at full speed ahead.

When drug one was empty, the loaded drug #2 and got going with that one.

We headed home around 2pm.  I even got to pick up my free Chick-fil-a sandwich that was expiring today and enjoyed it on the way home.  I was afraid I was going to miss out.
 
I'm seriously considering heading off to bible study this evening, presuming I still feel like I do now.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and texts of prayers they are so wonderful!  God has truly answered each one.  He is so gracious!

I read this during my homework/devotional time the other morning and thought it would be a good verse to share.  Talking about how thankful Paul was for the Thessalonians.  I checked it out with Clayton too, in full disclosure, he had me share these verses instead of 9 and 10 because there is the whole discussion about how we are all still growing in our faith, but verse 10 ends in a way that taken out of the context of these new believers sounded a bit odd to say to you, dear readers,  who are people I am trying to imitate (which is from 1 Thess 1:6-7).

Now may our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus clear the way for us to come to you [or you to come to us].  May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.  May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and hold in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus come with all his holy ones.  1 Thessalonians 3: 11-13

Next Steps:
Monday 7/7   Blood work to make sure my CBC is still good; they took a baseline today.
Monday 7/20 Chemo round 2

No comments:

Post a Comment