Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Waiting Patiently???

Thanks to a search on The Google the words of Psalm 40 seem to be what I really needed to 'hear' today.

I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
    out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
    making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
    and put their trust in the Lord

I'll cut to the chase.  My numbers are only slightly better today; up to 2.1.  There was something about neuroplasts not rebounding fast enough or showing any improvement and that did not make Dr. N or Patty (the PA) happy.  So I got another shot today, and get to go back and have my blood checked again tomorrow.

For round 2 of chemo they will give me a similar drug to the neupogen, but it will be delivered the day after chemo and it is longer lasting and will therefore not require a daily trip to Austin to have the other drug delivered.  I can certainly handle a process change when things aren't working you've got to keep tweaking things.

On the plus side, as long as the ibuprofen is in my system, I'm feeling pretty normal.  I've not resolved my chart issues, but I'd give today a 98%.

There is nothing that I can do about 'fixing' things other than wait, and so waiting patiently for the Lord seems like the other viable option.

In the meantime, I received a third lovely care package from my teammates/co-workers who are scattered all over the country.  The package today was from my local office and had some great teas, and plenty of flavored/good smelling lotions, body washes and candles. It was similar in sweetness, humor and encouragement.

Opening the box brought back a memory that made me laugh and I thought I would share it with you too.

One Christmas, my Grandma received a bunch of flavored/good smelling lotions, powders, and bubble baths.  After she had opened all of her gifts.she looked at all of us and asked, "Do you think I smell bad?"

I don't think I smell bad, but I've decided that cancer stinks, and maybe these will help things be less stinky.  Until then I'll keep reminding myself to sing praise to our God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment